Shining a Light on ADHD Myths and Facts
If you have ADHD, it’s more than irritating to hear people repeat ADHD myths that you know are just not true.
I invite you to join the ADHD Awareness Month Coalition and international ADHD organizations as we focus on the 2019 ADHD Awareness theme, ADHD Myths and Facts. This year we hope to dispel the harmful stories that perpetuate stigma and that prevent people affected by ADHD to seek assessment, get appropriate treatment or share reliable information about ADHD.
This year we will be focus on the most common ADHD myths such as ADHD is caused by bad parenting and ADHD is over-diagnosed and share fact sheets written by ADHD researchers and experts to provide much-needed information to dispel the myths.
How can you be part of this year’s ADHD Awareness endeavors?
- Check out the ADHD Awareness Month website for reliable information about ADHD.
- Sign up for the ADHD Awareness Month mailing list.
- Enjoy the videos from past winners of the ADHD Awareness Month Video Contest – and consider submitting your own. (The submission window for videos opens August 15, 2019.)
- Be inspired by the ADHD stories, ADHD art and ADHD memes.
- Go to the ADHD Awareness Month Facebook page and join the conversation.
- And…share this information with people who can benefit!
If you are curious about how ADHD coaching or consulting might be helpful to you or someone you know, contact me at 858-484-4749 or Roxanne@FocusForEffectiveness.com. I am happy to share resources in San Diego or online.